View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MahiMahi

Originally Posted by coffeenut View Post
Keep on, keepin' on! Welcome to SR....you're doing Great!
Thanks coffeenut for the support, one day at a time.

Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
20 years of abuse can't be fixed in less than 60 days. Give it time.
I have become to realize that but my personality says different, minutes seem like days! Thanks Tim

Originally Posted by wichitalineman View Post
Hello MahiMahi,

First, welcome to SR! I am on day 76. I hear you on the 2 months 'drag'. Well, it's been a little bit touch and go, but mostly go. The first few weeks I actually had a huge energy blast - sounds crazy, I know... I think it was more psychosomatic, as I was just, like, SO PUMPED UP to be FINALLY not drinking every bleepin' moment of the day. I've actually been training for a marathon and my energy for training went way, way up when I quit - probably also had something to do with it. Then, my running partner had to cancel next month's marathon event, and the training effectively ended... and now I am feeling a little less peppy this week.

But anyway, I hear what you are saying. Regardless of physical exercise, cherry fizzy drinks consumed, and coffee limits reached and breached, my energy levels has been a bit touch and go over the last 3 weeks. I think it's normal and the body is just getting used to the lack of alcohol being pumped thru it. Overall I have felt tenfold better, obviously, but yeah, the energy level at 2 months can be tricky. Or such is my experience, at any rate.

Congrats on 54 days, that is tremendous! Keep on truckin'!
I was a nervous wreck the first month, it felt like I was on an IV cafeine drip 24/7, well that passed and the drugged feeling set in. I have been running approx. 1 mile a day and hope to one day run a marathon, that would be awesome. Thanks for the support and good luck in your running adventures and congrats on your 76 days.......