View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
larrylive
Not again

Jack Timpey (?) Small Book ?
featuring AVRT (addictive vioce recognition therepy) and the beast within or something like that.
Yes I have read it, and many others searching for relief from crack all to no avail. They/he also used to have a website with some nifty flashcard/bullet point/slide show stuff.
I have also been attended AA NA SOS Recovery Inc and now something not quite related to recovery called Lifequest.
But if you have read my thread(s) you know that.
RR is very similar to REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy) and CBT (Cognitive Behavorial Therapy) And though I do recognise the approach as a step in the right direction I don't think they dig deep enough. I suggest reading Mental Health Through Will Training by Dr.Abraham Low. It's the "Big Book" for Recovery Inc. It deals with OCD's, but when I look at my behaviors as related to crack, I believe it is a compulsion more than an addiction. That's just me. Good luck.
Regards,
Larrylive

PS If you would care to comment or question any of my behaviors please hit my profile, unless of course the focus is crack addiction then the forums are naturally the right place.

Last edited by CarolD; 03-13-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Edited out e mail addy