View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
academia

3 Weeks and Counting

Hey folks-

Just wanted to report a happy three weeks of sobriety as of yesterday. To celebrate, I sat home and played some video games and slept 11 hours last night.

Going through the process of not only quitting the sauce but some intensive therapy has really helped. I've really had to cope with some very serious regret issues; things I could have done in the past 10 years but didn't because of alcohol. Like, I could have gone to an Ivy League school or become a musician but instead I kept taking the easy road, so I could drink. After working through some of these issues and making some serious life changes, I feel like I am lucky enough to have a second chance. This time I'm going to do things right and not let these silly drinks define who I am.

But going through that first week was terrifying. Suicidal thoughts, enormous regrets, guilt, shame, and the whole gamut of feelings. It gets better though. Thank god for therapy.

I hope those of you that started sobering up around the time I did are still doing well.