View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kerbcrawler

Mind Games! you said it, Its 14days sober and friday..And would be so easy for me to pick up right now,as have just bought my wife a box of wine.. And its sitting there Lookin at me..winking an calling out to me..And as others have said,the power of the Addiction the Voice..Shall we say of treason is rationalizing as to why ive been a good lad..Refrained for 2 weeks, worked hard,Even though needed 2 days off ill..Alcohol related, How i deserve a nice little chillout unwinder from this big bad world..JUST FOR TODAY????, and then we can make it all better again tommorow! an start back from scratch, it is so kniving,convincing when you allow it to be..reasons in my brain like ive been far too serious, an need to unwind and bring a bit of fun back into my life...All this rationalising..Am not gonna crack this time..Like an above poster says after many years of drinking heavily,never really had the DTs to deal with on stopping..Me too really...Non of that shakes/vomiting/hot,cold sweats me neither..However have had a very unusual viral infection which put me off work for 2days and bedridden, much organ pain and discomfort,total energy wipeout,head throat muscle aches and pains, i do without a doubt think this is Alcohol damage Related, still under parr now,so bein best part of a week, do not be fooled in thinkin because you dont get what should be the textbook DTs, that any other major physicall comedowns sickness are not Alcohol related, ok maybe just five days of this misery..BUT AM NOT GONNA THROW IT ALL AWAY to start all over again at zero!!!
No Way Hose,