View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LKKPA
LKKPA

Weird question...

Ok...am on day 120 and have been doing pretty good thus far. I am going to AA meetings, meeting with my sponsor, working out at the gym and have lost 11#. I also have a job interview tomorrow and am working at getting my medical license back. My current problem is whenever I attend AA meetings or meet with my sponsor or work on the steps, I start craving a drink. It's when Im not at a meeting or doing any recovery related activities I don't think about alcohol at all. My sick mind wants to rationalize and convince me that I don't need these recovery activities because they only make me think of drinking but I know that if I stop my recovery activities that I will eventually relapse. I just wanted to know if meetings, sponsors and doing the steps are a trigger for others. If so, how do I get beyond this? I know I need to attend meetings and work the steps but they cause me to start thinking about drinking and when I don't I seem to be fine. So confused.....all I know is that I don't want to relapse and will continue to do everything that I know I should. Seems to be a bump in the road for me and a double edge sword. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!