View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
HonestlyNony

Originally Posted by 55438 View Post
It is hard to stay in denial about my impact on my kids when they want to be just like me.

Sorry for the rant, husband is gone and I need an ear. Anybody else thinking about this? Any children of alcoholics or siblings of handicapped kids have feedback for me?

Hi again, lol... I'm a real chatterbox tonight I guess (expecting it to be a long night..)

My dad was a heavy drinker and got mean about it every time. I always thought he just had an icky personality and never realized til I took my turn on the booze-go-round that it was alcohol related...

But the part that really touched me about what you said is the looking up to mommy part. That played a major role in my stopping. I was going to set a date, like in two weeks, but then I thought with two preschoolers and two teenagers as a single mom, what if I'm already too late??

I really really hope I can one day hear those words from one of my kids. Just Monday of this week I was drunk, unemployed, single, inattentive, sloppy and largely absent. Not much there to emulate. Today I'm still unemployed and single, but I hope to cultivate some redeeming qualities to counteract the damage I've done.

Thanks for being here and giving me hope.