Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
angharad

Thanks everyone It just sucks seeing '1' on my calendar now where there should've been '26'. I've only got myself to blame because i'm an alcoholic. I need to be stronger now I have learnt my lesson. And as odd as this may sound it helps to know that others have had relapses. Makes me feel like im not alone.

I need to share though as it was only one glass of wine that doesn't mean the minute the drink went down my throat I was craving to get drunk, I was wanting the sweet high of forgetfulness to ease my stress, I wanted to black out forget my problems...but then after that one glass I felt shame and regret and most of all disappointment, especially as I remember my partner once telling me he would leave me if i continued drinking. The conscious is a powerful tool and the b*****d has made me feel sh****y all day.

I need to put this behind me and emerge successful. Also give serious consideration to what Neo said about being truthful with everyone and telling them. If they are true to me the fact that i'm an alcoholic won't matter and they will be around me to help me