Thread: Newbie alert!
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
HumbleBee

Welcome Chanel ~

Raising my hand to the binge pattern too - so many times I couldn't wait to leave the social party so that I could go home and drink in peace alone, away from scutiny, no fear of people making judgements - just me and my best friend, the bottle (at the end it was vodka).

Only for the weekends to turn into days, days turn into weeks - some might say 'Oh, that never happened to me.' Give it time, anything that hasn't already happened is just a "Yet" in the making.

My so called friend turned into my biggest nightmare and enemy. It didn't want to comfort me - it wanted me dead.

I went to AA meetings under the influence too - feeling like I didn't belong. Nobody said or did anything to make me feel that way - it was just the beginning of me losing myself completely to the booze.

We all reach a point when enough truly is enough. Sounds like you're reaching yours. Good for you for recognizing that at a young age.

Hang around SR - there's awesome support here - I did AA in the beginning - it was helpful to have like-minded people to support me face-to-face. I also had a counselor licensed in alcoholism who saved my life. Both of those gave me a strong foundation to build a solid recovery program on.

Look around the different forums here and continue to post and share. All the best to you, Chanel.

Hbee