View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

First let me welcome you to SR need2bsober.

I really encourage you to read all of the prior post again, read them several times, each one of them probably says something you can relate to or use.

As already stated, alcoholism is a progressive disease, as long as an alcoholic drinks thier alcoholism will ALWAYS get worse, never better & it never levels off! This is a FACT & not an opinion or myth, it is a scientific/medical FACT.

I was 52 when I hit my bottom, I did not draw a sober breath the last 5 years I drank, I drank even when I did not want to drink. Drinking was no longer fun, it was a physical, mental, & spiritual need for me.

There are many paths to sobriety, I can only share with you what worked for me.

I surrendered to the fact that I could not stop drinking nor STAY stopped alone...... I needed help!!!

Well the doctor I saw about my drinking sent me to detox. Detox suggested AA.... 90+ meetings in 90 days & get a sponsor.

You mentioned golf, well I do not play golf, but you would be amazed at how many people in AA play golf, one meeting I go to before & after the meeting I hear more folks talk about golf then anything!

Perhaps yould find a new sober group of folks to play with.

You say your husband is a heavy drinker also. I am sure during the course of your marriage you have followed your husband down a few paths, maybe you could lead him down the path of sobriety!!! Playing a foursome with some AA folks may show him how much better he could play sober!

Why not call your local AA hotline and check out a ladies meeting to start with. What do you have to lose? A drinking problem! What do you have to gain? A whole new way of life, new sober friends, & a bunch of sober golf friends.