Thread: Feeling Great??
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dedubya

To me it's just being sober- and the real you

Originally Posted by discoveringme View Post
I need to ask...is this normal? I am 14 days sober today. I felt like heck the first 5 days and then all of a sudden...I feel wonderful...happy...energetic. I know that I am in a much better place..but is this just brain chemistry going wild??

I started working on myself and my reasons for drinking right away this time...I have so much faulty thinking...and I am doing a workbook free online called Moodgym. So much has changed already for me in just one week.

It almost like the too good to be true thing....im very excited...but a little worried about coming down to earth again....
Same thing happened to me last year, man what a wonderful feeling. I was on a natural high for the months I was sober. Be careful. I thought I had it licked and like a snake in the grass I fell back into it. I need to go to meetings to stay grounded and hear/see what is still up there in our heads...waiting, but just humble advice, do what works for you. Also, as mentioned above, have a plan when you have that inevitable 'bad day', what will we do then? I plan to just exercise until exhaustion and pray to get through it without poisoning myself (which is completely illogical when you think about it- right?)
Love and Peace
Dub