View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dedubya

Day 4 has arrived...

Medium anxiety- at least in the morning- it peaks and valleys during the day so I stay REALLY busy. Yesterday went to a meeting, rode my bicycle 28 miles, rode my Harley all over the place, read some of a book, and took my dogs on a 2 hour walk. That's my strategy, and it seems to working at least for now. However I feel really weird, like last time, since I don't really crave a drink. Maybe too confident? I think meetings help with this a lot. I am planning to work the steps this time around, last time I just read them and thought I was following them- and after a few months sober, for some idiotic reason I caved to a few beers with friends and family 'just for one time'. I didnt stop afterwards and kept drinking a couple (really 2) per day whenever I wanted to. Well everyone here knows where that leads, sooner or later that monster that has you by the ear with 2 beers decides to take the entire head and brain with it- and it did.
Committed to not letting that happen again. Feeling a bit lethargic and anxious this morning so going to work out for a while then church, then my daily meeting, then take my dogs for a walk etc etc....plus I need to do bills which I Hate to do- not because I don't have the cash, I just freekin hate to open all of that mail and write checks for 3 hours or so...that's when I used to get hammered so I didnt hate it so much. This time I am going to have the attitude that at least I have a job for now, so I can pay my bills (not mention get all of my tax crap together- which I hate even more...
Oh well- I am sober and proud of that. Have a wonderful day
Peace and Love
Dub