View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
vegibean

Hi Doodle, I haven't really read through the other responses but here I go with my thoughts on that.

I also have a sponsor, we do the phone tag thing. We find time to meet with each other and do some good reading and touching base for a couple of hours. During the week we do pretty much the same as you and your sponsor. I know if I left her a message saying "Hey, I really need to talk to you", she'd call me back. However, most of the time I'm just checking in and there's not much to talk about anyway. It's fine for the both of us. Mostly this is a great habit for being accountable to someone else to keep me in check.

If you are working the steps (are you?) and you feel like you're not getting enough "work" time in, maybe you should seek out another sponsor.

My feelings on the sponsor/sponsee relationship is that they are there to guide you. Most of the work still lays on you. I've had one sponsee who was a little lazy on doing her step work and if she didn't do it my response to her was "well it's your recovery, I can't make you do anything." In other words, I wasn't responsible for what she did, I was there to guide her. If she didn't do the work.........well, that's on her.

If you feel that the relationship you two have isn't working at all, I don't think her feelings will be hurt if you need to find someone that is more conducive to what you are looking for.

I didn't get a lot out of what you posted, but I hope my share helped a little.