View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
EllaBella
Fighting my Demons

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments & 'Thanks'! You're a lovely bunch!

Neo, valid points all over.

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post

You sound like you used booze as a medicine to help release your 'demons'. In my own experince this is what separates alcoholics from just binge-drinkers. I used to also drink away my demons... But it is only temporary and the demons are still there in the morning and they come back stronger.
I don't think that I understand fully what you're trying to say here, are u saying that drinking 'to release demons' is binge drinking and 'drinking your demons away' is alcoholism? Sorry if I misunderstood, please clarify

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
You are doing well and have the ability to express your feelings creatively and have your own slant on alcoholism/addiciton and i think this is really cool. SR is great for enabling your creative writing to be used positively!
Thank you so much, it really makes me so much happier to be able to express myself through writing and to hear your comments. It makes me feel heard and is also giving me a chance, to put my 2 cents into the support pot.

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
AA 12 Steps
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol -
that our lives had become unmanageable.
I guess I'm going through the 12 steps even unknowingly ;-) Thanks for the warm words Carol

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Congrats on Day 15 Ella! you are so right about waking up free of guilt and dread, brush that bad-boy off your shoulder indeed, then stomp him with your heels. my personal demon is this deceptively pretty glass with cabernet swirling in the bottom...i've packed away my nice wine glasses in a cupboard I don't use daily so not to see them...(i'm on day 19 now).

reading your beautifully written post makes me think it would make a great movie...i can really visualize the conversation between you and your neighbor.
Thank you Fandy, for great support and wonderful complements! I know what you mean, I recently got as a gift a set of beautiful wine and champagne glasses… still standing on my shelve though… risky business, might follow your steps Congrats on day 19! And I do love my heels, will squash this little bug!

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post

When we share our precious thoughts with each other it takes the sting out of this whole thing. Together we are courageous and invincible.
Beautifully put Hevyn! I agree, solidarity gives us tremendous strength. Thank you for reading and 'seeing', even at 2 years sober, congrats on that btw!

Originally Posted by crayola View Post
Your honesty and eloquence are wonderful - I'm tagging your post for inspiration. Thanks so much!
Thank you Crayola, can't remember when someone called me honest (drinking makes you wrap these little lies around everything) or when I felt that way, what a lovely feeling. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

Lately as I have been examining myself more and more, I realize how scary it is that some liquid can make a normally intelligent person into such a delusional person.
It is scary, isn't it? The delusional part even makes you think, that you are even more intelligent while you drunk… I suggest recording yourself on video… Oh my, when I've seen my philosophical monologue during the blackout my heart went into spasms of shame. I read a lot on SR about lack of support from friends, makes me wonder, are they our real friends that just lack knowledge about this problem or are they not worth our friendship, since they don't have a problem seeing us, well, eventually, killing ourselves….? just a thought.

Thank you all for the wonderful input, words of support and great food for thought! Wouldn't be here without you guys

E.