View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mcribb
Practice Sobriety

Thoughts on Friday by Mcribb

My problems with quitting alcohol completely were many. Putting Sobriety #1, going to meetings, working the steps, all things that hindered me feeling good about sobriety and myself. Things that doomed me because if you think everything sucks while sober, you are doomed. OK so you are going along feeling good, then "that day" hit's what do you do? Boss is a Jerk, no one nothing going right, wow mind racing? Don't let anyone steal your Joy! Write it, listen to it, hammer it home, talk to everyone about the problem. Talk write about your problem squeeze a ball, still mad? Keep sobriety #1, the only way you win this game is by not drinking. Jobs, problems, woman, men, friends this **** comes and go, what's important if it is truely #1 is NOT DRINKING. This too shall pass this too shall pass, write it, say it, have someone say it too you. Don't make decisions when your mind is in that state. You don't know what to eat or drink that will be constructive to your life when you are angry. Listen to a song, sing that song that helps you get back to a good frame of mind. If everything sucks and nothing is working just get to a room away from everything and pray, meditate, call on your higher power, think of a great time, just get to a point where enough time has passed that you feel good again.