View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Astro
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Stephanie, very well done on your sober time, please continue to do the next right thing in spite of what anyone else is doing.

I'm in total agreement with Carol on this one. Nothing insures sobriety like working with others and a steady recovery diet focused on the Steps and the program, and definitely makes a huge difference in a healthy relationship.

My experience.....I've been divorced in sobriety and I got remarried in sobriety. Without the programs of AA, CoDA, and Celebrate Recovery I'd probably be a mess, but now I have all the tools required to work through and relationship issues. One thing that has made a difference for me is to be as "equally yoked" with my partner as possible. What does that mean? I'll share this simple definition........

II Corinthians 6:14 tells us to not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.
In the Bible days when people would plow their fields they would use an equal yoke. Which simply meant they would use two oxen, or two cows, two mules, etc... It was an equal yoke so the animals would pull a straight line. If you put an ox and a mule together it would be crooked

What that says to me Steph, is that I kept dating mules instead of waiting for God to lead me to an ox