View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dedubya

I think what I have experienced is typical of what a 20 something getting sober in UK experiences. That is why I haven't met anybody even close to my age regular at AA. Majority are probably 20 years older on average. At times sitting in a church on a Friday night when you can hear all the revellers outside is hard too. But it is what it is.

Peace[/QUOTE]

Hello My Friend- I really have always enjoyed your posts, and this was a great one. BTW today is my day two and I feel so proud and anxious.

Concerning the AA, the ones I went to when I had my head on straight last year, there was great diversity- 20 yrs to 70 yrs old peeps. I greatly respect both of those age groups and the bravery they have shown. The young ones in particular struck me, as when I was in my 20s I was in a touring band for many years, and was up to my neck in drugs and alcohol every day pretty much and no where near wanting to recover, completely oblivious what the long term results would turn out to be (the older AAers were obviously much more experienced and they were really great also). I guess my point is- are there any other groups you could go to if this one isn't the best for you? Probably a dumb question- but thought I would just throw that out there.

You are a strong person- keep up the great work and keep giving us all your insights- I very much appreciate you.
Peace
Dub