Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Just read today that someone officially bought land to build two ice rinks less than half a mile from where I live. They expect it to take less than two years to build and open, which is a pretty standard time frame.

We haven't had an ice rink in over twenty years. That's why I had to commute on the train the last year I was training before my injury.

I am already beginning to study the required moves and programs for the tests so that I can work on them and get back to where I was pre-injury (I had been told if I was still walking twenty years down the road I should consider it a clean bill of health.). Time to start reading the new United States Figures Skating Rulebook and make plans to join our soon-to-be local figure skating club. With the new Adult levels (that go up to Nationals and beyond) t is a perfect time for me to start up again.

The owner of the land has donated/sold it to a non-profit (he had bought it to build rinks to begin with and leased it to a for-profit company for a dollar originally. They backed out and he learned his lesson).

After having the bridges burned on this land once regarding the rinks he was VERY cautious before selling it, which goes to prove how legit the deal is. Also, since the two rinks will be non-profit, prices are going to be kept down.

This will be the first time my "home ice" is regulation.

Sure glad I never sold my custom boots and Olympic level blades. No way I could ever afford them now.

Can you tell I'm excited??????