View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 05:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I was thinking that after reading a few of the threads where people are so VERY opinionated and abrasive....I would be very hesitant to post any slips I may encounter along the way...and these type of posts are JUST the reason I am hesitant to ever seek out AA...pushypushypushy....(if you don't do what I did, you can't quit drinking, because AA is the ONLY way)...baloney....my problem is individual and no one is more aware of that than I am.
Step back a minute... While yeahgr8 signature has a reference to AA in it... nothing in his post portends to be, nor represents, AA...

"pushypushypushy"... we could debate whether yeahgr8's post was as you describe or whether yeahgr8 was taking another view of the situation and did not intend to be offensive at all... but as an AA myself, I object to your painting the program with such a broad and misinformed brush.

Two very important concepts in AA.... Attraction, not promotion.... and remember, before you have a witty answer to that, yeahgr8 was not representing or promoting AA... and another is that a recovered alcoholic should be just as much a part of society and participate fully in it, as anyone else.... and if that means being around drinkers, or in a bar, or toasting with a glass of sprite, and there is good reason... then by all means be a part of the festivities, just don't drink.

There are plenty of opinionated and abrasive people in the world. Not all of them are AA .... and yeahgr8 is usually a pretty good guy.

BTW... welcome to SR!

Mark