Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vegibean

Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion and it's totally ok to disagree. Also, it's all in the presentation. I know it's hard but with some work, you'll get there. Try to give yourself a second to think about how you're going to respond. Ask the person, "can I get back to you on that?"

Let me tell you, I DID NOT have the patience with people years ago that I have today when it came to disagreeing. I see the change in myself totally. Working with bunch of addicts........they can stand there and yell all they want at me while I just sit there and let them finish and I talk calmly.

Someone who may be making a suggestion for me that in my head I'm thinking "no way, not for me", but I'll thank them for the suggestion and maybe even tell them "no thanks."

Some minor examples because I know there's some hot topics out there to be discussed.

Kjell, you'll get there. Take some deep breaths, keep talking to your sponsor and working the steps. Once you have all of your tools in place and do some work this will all come natural for you.

I think you're doing great!!!