Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Quint

Hello

Well, so this it what it has come to...a knowing (again) that I have a problem with beer. Usually this time of year I would give up drinking for lent. I don't think I have made it through the 30 or so days since I started but this year I made it through maybe 12 hours.

I don't drink in the day but come home and down cans and cans of beer and cigarrettes (they go hand in hand for me...yin to the yang).

My friends are long gone and every major mistake I have made in my life has come under the influence of alcohol yet I am stubborn and frankly like my beer an cigs. I still have not much a problem getting girls but the relationships don't last that long. For the most part I am imprissioned inside this time of year since my business thrives during the spring and summer.

I have given up drinking in the past for a week or so only to come back......I don't have the problem with insomnia as such, what I do have is an incredible sense of 1. Guilt, 2. Wasted Time, 3. What am I gonna do for fun now?

Now I can deal with those they don't affect my daily life but what normally happens with me there is one thing that I find embarrassing and run back to medicate them.

1. After about two or three days without beer....I honestly have trouble speaking.....now I don't mean I have a brain fog...I mean that the words in my brain become slurred by the time they come out of my mouth. My throat becomes raspy/phlemy(sic) and I have trouble articulating words.

Well, the brain fog, and not being that "quick" dosen't help either.

Anyways, I've been reading this site for a little while and hope we can help each other on our journey.

Talk soon,

Quint