Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
melodiez

Originally Posted by Insulated View Post
The single parent balance is a juggling act, I agree. When I was in your situation, I carved out time on my day off to shop, prep the food for the week, and utilized my crock pot a lot. I would wake 1/2 hour early to get the household chores completed, one each day as suggested by "flylady". It really worked for me. Find time to sit just for 5 minutes (in the bathroom at work??) and take that time for you. Partying with your kids isn't the coolest idea in the world, eventually they will find it socially acceptable and start having parties in your house, neglecting their own obligations...you know the drill.

hahahaha!!! I normally spend an entire day cooking also!!! I only once a month though, I buy the family pack hamburger, and cook it all up at once!!! Freeze what i dont use into individual baggies, so when i gotta cook dinner on a work night, the longest part is done!!! or cook a roast, and shread that all up mostly meats because they take the longest to cook >< but that way, no meal I cook takes longer then 30 minutes

Thanx for all the support!!! Day 1 so far. This wont be hard, come my weekends when i like to get out and be social, that will be the harder part. oh dang, and my rockband time >< oh well