View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Houndheart View Post
Dee, I am finding this very curious, and kinda cool what you said about "it's none of my business really".

I think I am very sensitive to what folks think of me, probably overly so..and I have been told by some that I am "too thin skinned". I think that this oversensitivity at times was one of my triggers to drink. I am trying to get to understand your point about what people think is not your business anyway. That puts a whole new spin on it for me. And I suppose if I could get to that perspective that I might be a whole lot better off along the road. Thanks for giving me food for thought.
I'd hate to give off the idea I'm this calm, sanguine figure where nothing anyone says or does ever grates at me, HH

"it's none of my business" is the ideal - and I believe in it....

but I'm also a flawed human being with insecurities, grudges, obsession, paranoia...all of that and more.

It just means I have to work a little harder at trying to hit the ideal sometimes LOL

and it's true that these days I'm rarely bothered by someone like your friend, or someone challenging me on my not drinking, or someone else drinking like I used to, or whatever....

I could care less.

I've drank the metaphorical oceans dry, and I've been teetotal, and I know which side of the fence I'm meant to be

D