Thread: Just ramberling
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
joinedintime

Saxony, it's good to see you back again. I wish I was in your position.
I really do.
Not the position of still drinking. I'm loving that I finally quit. I wish I was in my 30's realizing how big a problem drinking really is because then maybe I would have quit earlier. You know it's a big problem. That's why you came back.

You say you can't imagine your life without alcohol. That's the alcoholic part talking. You know on a given night you might have that thought that says...wow, I'm really going to regret tonight when tomorrow get's here but hell, it's too late now so I might as well enjoy the rest of the night and keep drinking.
Well, you're having that same thought on a more grand scale. You're thinking ....well, I drank from 14 to 39 so my life is all effed up now so I can't imagine stopping.

Guess what, it's a big alcoholic lie. I had the same thoughts and waited longer but finally quit. Life gets better. You get to be yourself instead of that alcoholic. You see the world differently after a while. It's worth waiting for....it's doesn't happen overnight.

Don't fall for that big lie, Sax.
You will like the truth once you take the time and effort to peel back the layers of disguises.

Grab a hand and we'll help pull you through.