Old 03-03-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

Originally Posted by newwayoflife View Post
I am on day two and I am sick. I am kind of glad to hear its normal. I am laying in my room and I am miserable. I was soo dizzy this morning and I felt numb and sick at my stomach and have had a migraine all day. I didnt sleep last night and I cannot eat. But I don't have the shakes, chills and sweats like I had monday. UUuggg, we can do this. OMG, it doesn't feel that way right now.
Hi NWOL, Welcome to SR

I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling well after your suboxone induction. Were you prescribed the subs and are you taking them as directed by your doctor? Were you in at least mild to moderate w/d when you took your first suboxone? These points are crucial to the success of the suboxone therapy. It's really important you follow the dosage and directions that your dr gives you. As far as feeling sick when first starting, it's normal, and depends on the dosage of opiates you were taking, and how long you waited after your last dose to start on the subs. Though the subs usually automatically take away the typical w/d symptoms within the first 30 mins, feeling dizzy or nauseous and having migraines may occur while your body is becoming normalized to the suboxone. If you are still feeling like this in the next few days, you should def. take it up with your prescribing doctor.

IME, the migraines cont'd on the suboxone due to the naloxone it contains, and I was switched to Subutex. Not all drs will prescribe Subutex as it is usually reserved for pregnant women or people coming off methadone/long acting opiates. Also, it can 'technically' be abused (this is controversial) and for that reason there is concern over diversion. That being said, if the migraines/nausea continue, maybe you could talk to your doctor about whether it's right for you? Also, even if you have insurance, the Suboxone and Subutex is expensive. There is currently a generic version of the Subutex that can be found in many areas, and it's significantly cheaper.