Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Melodiez

Welcome to SR.
Have you thought of AA? That's the most accessible group of sober people I know.

I used to like to party too - a lot. Or I thought I did - actually I just liked drinking.

But drinking was leading me into trouble - accidents, embarrassments, job losses, relationship break ups...in the end it was killing me...I had to choose between the party lifestyle and drinking, and doing the best for myself.

I've never regretted that decision. I'm not the man I used to be - I have changed - but to me thats no bad thing.

I have to ask whether you think you're doing the best for yourself, and do you really think you're doing the best for your son - bringing him with you while you get drunk, letting him get beers for people, then driving him home?

This scares me a lot for your son Melodiez. There are millions of ppl in your situation - most of them don't get trashed or take their 6 yr old to parties.

Isn't that the sign of a problem?

Please think about what you're doing. If you want to make some changes, and you want support with those changes, you're in the right place.

D