Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Hi angharad. I would say avoid all places/situations/environments where drink/drinkers are going to be around or it's likely that you'll take a drink at some point. It' only natural that it will happen as everyone else is doing it. But of course evryone else ain't alcoholics.

I hated feeling like some kind of Martyr for drinking soft-drinks when everyone else is drinking. Afterall it ain't because I'm a boring Sergeant safety square character but because I'm an alcoholic.

You have done really well so far and thanks for posting. Remember also that in some ways you need to ultimately be getting sober for you primarily so maybe re-evaluate what the realities of taking that nice little 'shot' of vodka like all those other happy, smiley people.

Sure it's hard, especially being young. It's especially hard because I loved pubs/clubs and the people who frequent them and the banter and everthing else that goes with it. I was hardcore to the marrow but I had to admit defeat to booze and realise that when I was sitting drinking at 6.30am and waiting for the shop to open then it was always going to end in tears... everytime.

peace and love x