View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

Fragola - I'm glad your husband is feeling better- were you able to get him to a doctor today? If they were giving him suboxone in detox and he was abruptly stopped upon being discharged - even with a taper - I could understand why he's in w/d! Suboxone is a very effective medication with a long half-life and is used to detox people off opiates. It, however, is an opiate itself. He was probably started on a higher dose and (since this was a short-term detox) he was probably tapered down quickly. Using that method probably helped so that his inevitable c/t off all meds is a little easier, but coming off the suboxone is still coming off an opiate - so he's gonna have w/d symptoms. I'm suprised they didn't tell him to look out for that! Did they send him home on any medication? You said he's been on opiates for 3 yrs right? So it stands to reason that he's not going to be feeling 'back to normal' in 1 week! It will take time! Def. get him back to that doctor though if this acute phase persists! Good luck!