Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

You done well. You overcame a potential stumbling block with that half-opened bottle of wine. Shows that you truly don't want to drink.

What would have been the point in taking that big gulp?... may as well not bother really as without a bottle of Vodka waiting to get the buzz properly going then there's no point is there!... us Alcoholics eh!! lol.

Keep everything all a day at a time and before you know it you will have 30 days and then 90 days and then you start counting sobriety in months rather than days! Well That's how it was/is for me anyway. The more sober time you rack up then this obviously becomes somewhat of a deterrent and also it proves that you really can live without alcohol, but at times it is difficult, but then so is anything that is good.

And the peace and serenity and pride that I feel in sobriety is worth more than booze evr was. It feels great to achieve things in 'recovery' knowing where I was just a year ago.

peace and Love x

You are doing great and I agree that it's great that you have a supportive partner. Sure does help to have support and someone close to you to talk to and to support you.