Thread: 60 days!
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wichitalineman

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you for the well wishes. I feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy, so thank you all for that!

Alizerin - I hear what you are saying! I have tried to keep myself in check - so far, I've only caught myself singing in public two or three times. Ha! Can be somewhat embarrassing to be singing 'The Sign' to myself whilst its pouring down rain... but such are these days... :p

Fubarcdn - Thank you! The cola was hard earned, and delicious.

Toronto - Thanks. I think you are right: I should find more sober friends. I also think you're right on the second count, which is that its good to be working on myself. It's been a bit tough as I've obviously isolated myself from my drinking buddies, but then again, I found out that was all they were. Kind of a sad realization all the same. However, spending all this time working on myself has been super worth it; it's ben for fun and profit. Thanks for your kind words.

Coffeenut - Thanks! Well, SECRETLY my absolute favorite soft drink would have to be Wild Cherry Diet Pepsi... but that's not available to me at the moment. Bummer! I hear what you are saying - its not a manic high.... its just natural and damn does that feel good. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Dee - I love reading all of your posts on this board, they are always supportive and helpful. You are an inspiration to those of us who are new to recovery, and I was to say: Thank you!

Steveo - Thanks dude! Thanks for looking out for me; I am being super careful I've got my game plan together to avoid any unhappy situations.

TBubba - Thanks. I hope what I had to offer helps in any way. And wow! You have 1700+ posts since Aug 2009? I am obviously slacking.

Anna - Thank you! Like Dee, I always appreciate your kind and thoughtful posts. It's people like you that have really helped me in this first 60 days. Your words and comments have a direct impact on those of us starting out, and for that, I thank you!