Thread: My ego
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I discovered that you will find more love, compassion and peace from 'recovering' alcoholics and addicts than from almost any other people in society. I find this in the rooms of AA and on SR.

Unlike most things in life there isn't an alterior motive, people trying to get one up on someone else to feed there own self-importance and ego... Unlike almost any other situation in life.

In the rooms of AA and SR everyone is equal. No-one is better than anyone else - just another alcoholic/addict trying to help another and that in itself helps the alcoholic/addict stay sober and contented.

I remember walking into the rooms of AA for the second period of time after a big-relapse and I knew 'recovery' is where it's at.

I was tired of the seedy, calamitous, shady world of active alcoholism/addiction.

ps - If you keep drinking then you are right... you will never be able to achieve peace of mind, that is a certainty for an alclholic... BUT it is possible to achieve peace of mind if you are Honest, Open and willing and embrace a recovery programme such as AA. True peace of mind can be ahcieved. Not just a quick fix like booze and drugs give.

peace and love