View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

Looking for a sponsor

I know I have asked this before. I know there has been topics too.
But I need to ask again.

I am ready to move on to phase 2 in the house.
In order to do that, I need at least a temp sponsor.
Its hard to find good NA meetings, let alone NA with women and even more so with women who have good clean time.
I dont want a sponsor that has a couple years and hasnt even done the steps themselves.
Which seems to be the norm around here. Alot of the women are doing like a step a year it seems like.

I have one lady in mind, She chairs a Wed NA and she has 18 yrs. I know she will be the no nonsense type of sponsor I need. But i have only seen her twice and never spoken to her. And her meeting I believe is the only NA that has a potential sponsor list.
She was recommended to me by a house peer too.
I like her time, Her attitude and just I can tell by listenign to her and watching how she carry herslef.
She is the one for me..I think.

But how do I ask? I need one soon so I can get working on the steps. I have been here 2 mos and havent really done anything as far as that goes.
I feel like I am stalking this lady..LOL and about to ask her to marry me.
This is really nerve racking asking someone to be your sponsor.

So like whats the deal?
Do I have to know her to ask her? Should I talk to her for awhile?
Is talking to her a couple times and telling her I like her program and want her to be my sponsor or temp?
Is there like some protocol for time knowing this person or talking to them first?

I really want to ask her next week. But I havent even spoken to her one time. We have exchanged smiles and stuff.
Goodness, I really feel like some kid in school about to go on a date or something.
Anwyay. Need some insight. Thx