Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Painful93

Today I have 21 days clean and sober after many false starts and stops. Old habits are hard to break. When I first got sober I kept my old habits. Not purposely but only because I didn't know what else to do! I would drink 2 pots of coffee in the morning and at noon another and after dinner another. Needless to say my body, now that I can hear it, objected strongly to this over indulence of caffiene. So I started to cut way back on the coffee and to try and eat right. Something I never gave 2 thoughts about when I was active. Today I eat high fiber cereals in the morning and lots of vegetables and fruits. Brown rice I find helps me with my daily regimen and I love the sweet taste of fresh vegetables. I stay away from salt as my BP tends to run high. It's quite amazing that I can do this. I used to eat nothing but garbage and the height of healthy eating was Chinese food. LOL Ocaisionally I order a pizza with some vegetable as a topping like eggplant. I had, over the past 59 years wrecked havoc with my body and today I try to make up for it. God grant me the strength to stay on this wonderful path I have found, to keep up my new habits and to find recovery like I found my alcohol/drugs. God bless you guys!