View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ouchpotato

Hmmm. Had to get a precise definition; "An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings." I'm not intelligent enough to know about questions of divineness and such. Philosophy, theology and the like are all interesting but the fact that there is so much diversity amongst beliefs would lead to the logical assumption that no one form of thought can claim provable or verifiable correctness. The fact that you are looking for a "group" indicates that you, like most humans, find value with social connectivity. My suggestion Bamboozle, would be to associate with non-judgmental people whether they be of a particular faith, atheists, agnostic or whatever. You and I will never be able to live up to the standards of those amongst us who find it so easy to make judgments. Finding those that accept us the way we are assists with building our self-esteem and allows us to naturally feel a sense of inner peace, hence reducing our depression. The challenge is finding those that are non-judgmental. Be open minded, and like minded people will be attracted to you. Good luck on your journey.