Thread: Three Days Dry
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rudie

Three Days Dry

Hi, everyone! 72 hours ago I finally got it through my thick skull that alcohol and I don't mix. A difficult divorce 6 years ago got me started with alcohol. At first I drank to become numb, then I drank to be social, and meet new people. Now I am back to drinking to not have to feel. It seems crazy to me, but every excuse I had to continue drinking did not come from my rational mind, but from my rational mind taking orders from some scary creature a couple layers below that.

I have come to realize that alcohol has become a detriment to my health, my wealth, and those who are closest to me. I'm excited to be sober, but scared about how I am going to spend my days, nights, weekends, etc. It seems the preferred sport of my friends and family is to drink for any occasion, especially weekends!

So that's about as bare- bones of an introduction as I could muster. My wife (not the one from the divorce- lol) just got home from work, so I'm off. Wish me luck, I'm sure any words of encouragement would help. I hope by involving myself here that I won't feel so alone in this!

Thanks for listening...