View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Bamboozle
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
Never done a web search for it, but I've never seen religious beliefs and a medical condition treated together anywhere than 12step programs (not to start a debate on the whole religion v spirituality thing). Are you looking for a board such as SR to post on? I seem to remember that you see a theripist, does it come up there?

There are loads of books, etc. that cater to believers. Having something to hold onto gives a lot of people strength.

I can't relate to that. I find my strength from other people who share common problems/interests.

I personally believe that many atheists get in a twist about depression. I understand why--every time the subject comes up atheists must go on the defensive.

I'm tired of reading all of the bickering on the internets. I want to find a support group of atheists dealing with depression. I don't think it exists.

There is a need for this. I'm not ashamed that I suffer from depression and that thinking in a logical/rational way about the world does not help this. It's not enough.

I think it's very important for me to connect with others who understand--others who may have been believers before. There are sites dedicated to people who have deconverted...and I think that's great...but nothing that emphasizes dealing with any kind of mental illness/disorder.

*sigh*