View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Shellslove
Friend

Well, BigD, I'm going to assume you are a man, b/c girls usually don't say 'dribble' lol! However, IME, whenever I was taking opiates it always took me what would feel like eons to 'tinkle' (better than dribble!) And I know my fiance had the same problem and it was pretty annoying for him. Maybe coming off the opiates have the reverse effect? I'm not sure if coming off opiates would make you retain water, but if so - that could be a reason for excessive urination too. You should ask your dr about this.

It's so weird what you said about your legs!! I'm tapering off an opiate replacement med. right now and when I get to my drops in dosage lately, I've been having the weirdest pains in my thighs! I don't know how to describe it - I told my doctor it feels like a 'stream of hot water or a burst of steam' and he looked at me funny When they're not hurting, they're asleep. Not much better! He told me this was all probably tied to the drop in dosage. Don't know if it's the same thing you're going through or not. You should mention it to your doctor if it continues, for sure.

Lastly, sleep is always the first thing I miss when coming off opiates. Same as you I can fall asleep but can't stay asleep for more than 30 mins at a time. No big way around this. I've personally tried OTC meds and they work okay for me (ie benadryl), Melatonin and celestial seasonings sleepy time tea - but honestly when I'm in the thick of it I just have to go with it until it passes - and it does. Ambien also works great for me but I told my dr to cut me off when I found myself obsessing over it and taking it addictively - shocker right? I'd stay away!