View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

hebrewdiva I am so glad you found what the majority of folks going to AA found, and am truly ecstatic that you picked up the phone & called some one who gave you thier phone number. AA does work for those folks who work it.

Bettie I am sorry your AA/NA experience has not been what the vast majority of people have found in AA. So have you been sober 9 years?

You know if I found what you are finding in AA, I would do one of 2 things, find another program or start going to meetings you have not been to before.

I have gone to thousands of meetings all over Va. & in Baltimore, I never felt unwelcomed, yes I have found a few meetings that had more then thier share of jerks, but by far the majority of folks with some sober time are cool.

I spoke to a newcomer a while back, he was telling me how glad he was willing to go to a second meeting, because he had a bad experience at his first AA meeting, he then said he was so happy after the meeting was over an old timer came up to him and said "That guy can be a jerk at times, if you really want to stay sober then do not allow any one to keep you from staying sober.