View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 05:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Valleyd my sincerest condolances on the lose of your best friend.

Feeling lost & empty at a time like this is pretty normal, since I have gotten sober 3 1/2 years ago I have not experienced the lose of anyone VERY close to me, but I have the experience, strength of others I know to lean on in AA who have been through similar things and they stayed sober.

Every one of the folks I know let others in the fellowship know what they were going through and they drew upon the experience of those who had been through this to get through it sober.

I know one gentleman who's wife lost thier first child when she was 8 months pregnant, he leaned upon the fellowship & stayed sober. I know another man who lost his 23 year old son in an auto accident, he leaned upon the fellowship and stayed sober. I know a lady who lost her husband after 30+ years of marriage, she also leaned upon the fellowship & stayed sober.

Was it easy on any of them? Heck no!!! Did they start off feeling lost & alone? You beat they did, but as with getting and staying sober where they did not do it alone, they leaned on the ES&H of others who had been where they were at, they reached out to those in the fellowship who had been through what they were going through.

Valleyd reaching out here I imagine has helped to a degree, you say you are in a recovery home so I would assume you attend meetings, why not reach out at meetings?

Valleyd I encourage you to reach out for help in this time of need, be it a counselor, a preacher, Rabbi, some one who has been through this and stayed sober. Reach out & pray as well.

You will find this easier if you let it out. Do not get me wrong, if you are like me and others when in early sobriety, emotions are new & very raw, just know that many folks do make it through mourning with out picking up.