View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I don't think I know anyone who doesn't drink (Obviously outside of AA), especially at 24. Most people in UK will at least drink alcohol occassionally, however most people aren't alcoholics. That is what managed to keep me sober without just feeling like I am missing out and feeling totally p*ssed off.

Absolute certainty that there is no such thing as just a 'few' drinks. Maybe there would be if I had to force myself to leave but the seed would be planted again and I would likely be going out to get smashed the next weekend and back to square one again.

I still find it quite difficult at times as the people who I instantly warm towards and have stuff in common with, especially music wise, are ususually bang into drinking/partying.

Like you say though One day at a time though. Each to their own and if you keep gratefully sober than whatever you're doing is working! I still have no desire to go to clubs as music is still so closely related to drinking/drugs.

All The Best to you. AA is free so check a meeting out. Should help you keep sober.