View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Time4Me1

My EAB/F just completed a 30 day treatment and he did write me. He tried to call and I changed my number. His letters were about how much he loved me and to beg me not to "abandon" him. I can tell you from my experience that my b/f is obsessed with us and is unable to concentrate on himself. I believe that no contact is the best way. Addicts are addicted to the person in their life as well as to substances. Focusing on us is a way to escape themselves and the very, very painful feelings that come with facing themselves alone!!!! My ex is now out of rehab and desperately wanting to talk to me. I know he has to face his problems himself, but its hard not to get "sucked"in. I think if you really want to have a chance at having a healthy relationship, you both need to use this time to get your own #$%^ together!! Join al anon, read books on addiction and c0-dependency, join a gym, there are lots of things you can do while he is getting much needed help. He will eventually adjust to not being able to talk to you..no worries!!!