View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BurningChrome

Small victories :-)

Got up this morning, Monday, to go to work, reached for the Visine as I have every morning of the last 1,000 mornings, looked in the mirror and _didn't_ need it! Ha! Restless sleep, but eyes were not all bloodshot and red like every other morning after heavy drinking, kind of made me laugh to myself... No red eyes in the morning, what a concept!!

And reading MJohns post about waking up with injuries, just this past Christmas Eve, I walked into a door in my house late at night in the dark (after heavy drinking of course) and split my forehead _wide_ open, just above the left eyebrow and running down thru my eyebrow. Left a hell of a scar. My wife wanted to go get me sewed up (was almost midnight) but I declined. I want to keep it for at least a year as a reminder to myself of the magnitude of my own chemically induced stupidity. Maybe after a year, I will have a plastic surgeon do a "scar reduction" procedure, but for now, the scar stays so I see it every time I look in the mirror. The next morning, Christmas morning, my wife and I are sitting there, me with multiple bandages and my left eye sealed shut from dried blood, my wife looks at me and says with terrible saddness: "Not a very merry Christmas...", once again, breaking my heart into 1,000 pieces and pushing me to this point. Sigh.... How we So hurt the ones who love us the most :-(

..Mike

- Anyone want to start an injuries thread? I've had some doozies over the past 5-6 years, cut up head, massive bruises, broken foot, toe, fingers, ribs, etc.. And that was only in my own house, I _never_ drove drunk :-)