View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Toronto68

Ella, I took a second to check for non-alocholic cocktails online, not sure if anyone posted a link. I didn't find a good site fast enough, but maybe you can find one.

I don't know what you are like, but some people might have trouble with the drinks, either because of the chemistry in them or because they remind the person of drinking a drink with alcohol in it - and maybe danger would be behind that. Sometimes accidents can happen too if the drinks look the same.

Some people will want to avoid sweets. It's very dangerous for some people. I am keeping an eye on it, because a taste for sweets returned after quitting (I bought ice cream in the winter and "chocolate kisses", out of the blue, and am loving oranges....It's been years since I included those flavours, because of my drinking).

And as others would have pointed out, it's not a good idea for everyone to be in the old drinking context. I'm not advising "never" to go to a bar or where alcohol is found, because sometimes it will be where friends or family are, and we have to live and be with other people. Whatever it takes to "live" yet without alcohol, and enjoy something decent to drink besides water (which is what I had a recent party).