View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
I have no reason to hang out at the bar now that I'm a non drinker, but when I go out for dinner or whatever, I order sprite or dr. pepper.. I can't stand drinking diet coke as that was a 'mixer' for me when I drank. Sometimes I've ordered a Cranberry with Soda, but I don't flirt with my addiction, I stay as far away from alcohol drinks and mimics of alcohol drinks as I can.. I have no interest in either!
Ditto that, I rarely went out to bars when I was back home, no reason to, take no pleasure in watching people get hammered, the conversation isn't wittier, the jokes aren't funnier.

Watching people drink na beer over here I've thought, what's the point, and I must be thinking the same as a lot of folks, have seen very few people here actually drink the stuff. BTW, they have na beers here like Heineken and St.Pauli Girl, didn't even know those folks made na beer.

I can think of another reason for not hanging out at the bar, trying to fit in while drinking non-alcoholic drinks. What if the server/bartender makes a mistake and serves you an alcoholic beverage?