View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smashing

Advice/help needed

Hey all,

I find myself in need of some advice in relation to my drinking issue. To be honest i just need some opinions as i have no clue on how to solve it,
Basically its been going on for years now (approx 8 yrs) and it is brought about by social activities. What I mean is if I spend a month at home with my girlfriend watchin dvds I dont crave drink (i just spent the whole of January like that). However once I go out I dont stop. Id start on a Friday night stay out all night Friday and all day saturday drinking. How much I drink I dont know but its bottle of vodka or so for sure. I act stupid , get a bit nasty sometimes and basically annoying to anyone around me especially when told to stop. Then there are the horrible blackout periods which i worry about.People are patient when Im like that due to the fact that they know me sober and im not being myself.
Every time i go out I always swear it will be just a few but it very rarely is. (last night was a rare occaison when i just drank around 8 small beers and went home without any problems).

I dont feel i need to go to AA or anything as i know my drinking is focused around social events. However it is now becoming a problem as over the past year i dont just go home at 4:00am . I run around in bars acting drunk and stupid all morning and afternoon the following day (btw i never met anyone who did this, any of u ever did? i mean stay out the whole day after not sleeping and continuing to drink) My friends cant understand why i do it . I just dont wanna stop. (ill be alone btw)With my job and all this has to stop. I look like a fool + its extremely unhealthy.

Any help on what I should do ? I hate the fact of thinking i m gonna have to go out without even having one.

Whats also happening is that im starting to feel anxious during the week too and i cant stop worrying about the weekend before and what I did (i forget sometimes due to the blackouts). Basically its become an 8 year issue i really need to eliminate from my life.

Thanks a million all.