Old 02-21-2010, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DramaPrincess

Hi Ella - welcome!! I know it is scary to even think about calling yourself and alcoholic - but I found my whole attitude changed once I did - I was trying for ages to figure out how to control my drinking - be "normal", whatever that is, it never worked - ended in the same place or maybe worse. Anyway once I actually accepted I was an alcoholic (and it has only been in the last week so I'm no yoda here) I have found it easier to stay away from drinking. I accept I have an illness and can not control myself when it comes to alcohol - so now I am trying to think of it like someone who loves peanut butter but has a peanut allergy - I CAN NOT drink no matter how much I want to because the consequences are too great - as one wise person on here (sorry can't remember who) said - I am only one drink away from loosing it all.

I know that was long winded but that is how coming clean with myself has helped me (by the way you don't have to tell everyone else if you don't want to) - I wish you all the best!!