View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 05:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

My feelings exactly, Neo. I sign on here every day no matter what - have from the beginning, even when I was still drinking. I don't think it's a coincidence that I've remained sober over 2 yrs. after so many failed attempts. To be honest, there've been a few times I was going to allow myself to have 'a few' just to see how it went. After coming here & reading/sharing, the temptation left me each time. One reason is, there are some people here I would never want to disappoint - and would never lie to - so rather than go through the drama of having to confess I had caved - I decided it wasn't worth it.

Neo, I always enjoy your posts & well remember the times you've been discouraged and frustrated. You came through those times stronger and more resolved than ever to beat this thing. I love the line about having new pathways that otherwise wouldn't have been there. A positive and very helpful thing to contemplate. I often wonder, would I still be me if I'd never had a drink? I rather like us - and the people we are becoming.