Old 02-21-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EllaBella
Fighting my Demons

Cool I call myself drunkoholic, stigma of the 'A' word terrifies me.

Hello, my name is E. and I am a drunkoholic…

What is a drunkoholic and why not an alcoholic?

Well, first of all I am terrified of the inglorious ‘ALCOHOLIC’ title’s stigma. Considering that my father earned it (and rightfully so, I might add) when he was 17 years old & not-so-proudly carries it with him from over 50 years now, I’ve decided that until I am laying face down in my own vomit wondering if it’s a cherry flavour that I am tasting, I will not label myself as an “A”.

Instead of heading to AA meetings (which is usually held in church & that makes me wanna drink even more I decided to go through my recovery process online. After all, we are in the XXI century! Therefore my blog (on my home page). I would be grateful if you would take few minutes to read it & let me know how naive I am believeing that this might help...

Who am I?

In her twenties (26 to be exact) drunkoholic, dreamer, night animal, suppressed poet, megalomaniac with huge self esteem issues, smoker, mother to two beautiful staffie dogs, ACA (Adult Children of Alcoholics). Sex addict when drunk.

I live in London, UK, but originally born & raised in very alcoholic Poland (therefore please forgive me possible grammatical hiccups). Woman, that use to be desirable, now does not feel as such. Woman that has got dreams bigger than her will power. Woman that struggles with getting up in the morning, just waiting for the night to come back. Woman that is desperately seeking the joy in her joyless life

Ok, let’s go then. Day 1 of fighting with my demons… Wish me luck

E.

ps. rest of my story on Fighting with Demons (home page)

Last edited by Dee74; 02-21-2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: blog links not allowed