View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Spawn

Originally Posted by NEOMARXIST View Post
SR is such a crucial tool for my continued recovery from alcoholism as it allows me to 'touch base' with people with who I share a common bond daily: alcoholism.

Each day I wake and accept my alcoholism. I do it without really thinking about it anymore. It is just kind of there engrained in my psyche. It really helps me keep myself grounded, as when I start to feel a little 'off' about something, I can remind myself where I came from and that I am a recovering alcoholic/drug addict.

Never forgetting is crucial to my sobriety and I guess the fact that I know how close I was to really messing things so that they were irrepairable is too. It is easy to forget where we came from but SR helps keep me grounded on a daily basis. For this I am truly grateful.

Recovery for me has given my life a new meaning and opened up pathways that would have never been there for me if I hadn't been an alcoholic. However I also remind myself each day that I wake that I will only ever be 1 drink away from losing everything.

Peace and Love to All xxx