View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Horselover

Welcome to SR. Is AA helping you this time? I would say to go to all lengths to stay sober. You are a Mom and so am I. I used that title in the beginning to keep me from drinking. I have now become a person who doesn't drink because I want to be healthy and I want to live life instead of holding up in the house drinking wine. Yup! I was a wine drinker too. Took the edge off about every day around 5 pm. I drank until bedtime. I never was a mean drunk, but I could become a bit argumentative. To avoid that I would simply disappear into my bedroom when my husband came home from work and he parented our child. I am still pretty ashamed of that, but I am more then grateful for finally becoming sober and opening my eyes to real living. Its taken a long time but weekends aren't about drinking anymore. Weekends are about family time and what can I get accomplished.

I wrote this so you know you aren't alone and that in time life does gets better. You can do it my friend. Sending you loads of positive energy.