Old 02-19-2010, 11:02 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Ananda

yeah it's wierd how we get about the olympics...i mean sht..if you are 10th place in the world...isn't that awsome??? I mean doesn't that mean that you were in that moment the 10th best out of the best of the best of the whole world???? WOW how can that be thought of as failure ???

I use to show horses....I had a blast...win loose or disqualified....I loved showing, my horses enjoyed showing at least when i showed them...It was awsome.

My favorite skater of all time was, i believe from canada, but maybe from the US. Don't remember his name, but he was in the olympics. He never had a planned program short or long...he just winged it....free freestyle all the way. He would go out and just zip through the required elements with no regard to the music...took a minite tops, then he skated and flowed creatively to the music....it was briliant....perfection....the best of the best....

Course he never got a medal, but.....that man touched me with his skating as no one else ever has....his courage and wilingness to live by his principles regarding what skating should be....even at the cost of a gold metal he probably could have won if he had abandoned what for him were principles....

If I can bring what he had to my own life....I would be contented....He inspires me to this day